Registered Nurse - Central Indiana - Part Time Flexible Schedule
- - Residential
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
The Altruist Group is looking for a Registered Nurse to guide, manage, and provide health care/wellness coordination services for the individuals we serve, as well as provide required and designated health and safety related training to staff.
Greater Indianapolis Area and Surrounding Cities/Counties
A Flexible Part-Time Schedule is available
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide basic and emergency first aid and nursing treatment to persons served as appropriate and as determined by the designated community service guidelines.
2. Provide health care/wellness coordination for designated persons served, including, but not limited to a minimum of one (1) visit per month to perform a nursing assessment, deliver medications, check documentation, and perform other health care coordination duties.
3. Develop and monitor the medication administration system to ensure medications are administered as prescribed and properly documented.
4. Coordinate medication orders of designated persons served with their physician(s) and pharmacy.
5. Communicate with physicians and other medical providers and attend medical appointment of designated persons served, as determined by the Director, to ensure continuity of care.
6. Develop, monitor, and update health management/risk plans for persons served and provide respective health management/risk plan training to staff.
7. Provide counseling to persons served and/or information to staff regarding nutrition, hygiene, medications, medical conditions, or other health/wellness areas to address identified needs.
8. Coordinate with HR Director and supervisors to provide required health and safety training, such as CPR, First Aid, Back Safety, Universal Precautions, and Medication Administration to employees within stated timelines.
9. Train staff on individual specific needs, such as g-tubes, blood sugar testing and other medical interventions as necessary.
10. Review and update all Medical policies and procedures, communicating any changes to staff as appropriate.
COMMUNICATION, REPORTING AND QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure persons entering services have met identified medical clearance standards.
2. Coordinate with staff to monitor the safety of all persons served and make recommendations to improve safety practices.
3. Regularly evaluate the environment and procedures to minimize the risk of exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials.
4. In coordination with Director, provide oversight to the incident reporting process as appropriate, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of reports and that respective follow-up occurs and is documented.
5. Maintain all appropriate information in a confidential and professional manner, and in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and regulatory standards.
6. Identify and utilize effective verbal, written and electronic communication skills and vehicles to accomplish tasks and clarify information for all internal and external customers.
7. Ensure that all communication takes place in a professional manner, reflecting dignity and respect for persons served.
8. Actively participate in department, committee, and individual support team meetings as appropriate, taking action on all assigned items.
9. Promote the health and safety of all staff and persons served through adherence to all agency policies and procedures.
10. Immediately alert appropriate supervisor/manager of any potentially critical issue or crisis situation.
11. Prepare all necessary reports according to established timelines and in adherence to agency guidelines.
12. Provide leadership/mentoring to others through example and the sharing of knowledge and skills, as appropriate and/or requested.
13. Develop and maintain professional relationship with all internal and external customers.
14. Network with agency and other professionals to develop and enhance knowledge, skills and abilities.
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide data and input in the budgeting process with regards to medical related costs.
2. As directed, provides guidance and oversight in the ordering of medical/First Aid supplies, approving appropriate payment authorizations within established guidelines
3. Provide direction, guidance, coaching and assistance to supervisors and employees as necessary or as directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the State of Indiana in good standing.
2. Minimum of three months of nursing experience.
3. Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred.
4. Maintain TB Validation training to administer and read Mantoux TB tests.
5. Certification as a trainer and/or the ability to receive and maintain trainer certification in Core A & Core B Medication Administration, and CPR & First Aid.
BUSINESS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
1. Professional and technical knowledge of medical treatment, medication administration, medication side effects, documentation and health related regulations.
2. Ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
3. Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, or schedule form.
4. Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn and effectively utilize identified computer software applications to accomplish tasks.
5. Ability to read, comprehend, interpret and apply information from general procedures, instructions, data and reports.
6. Organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate, detailed records.
1. Verbal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively express ideas.
2. Ability to effectively work as a team member and promote a positive work culture.
3. Ability to motivate, recognize and reward employee performance.
4. Ability to use strategic thinking to understand and implement changes in anticipation of events and circumstances.
5. Ability to utilize and promote positive customer service, negotiation and networking skills to establish contacts and meet company and departmental outcomes.
SELF MANAGEMENT SKILLS
1. Ability to maintain regular attendance as scheduled, be punctual and maintain accurate record of hours worked.
2. Ability to plan and organize work activities/processes, use discretion and sound judgment, take initiative and demonstrate flexibility to ensure goals are achieved in a timely manner.
3. Demonstrate cooperative attitude and tolerance for stress when confronted with critical situations.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Must provide own transportation, have valid driver's license, properly registered vehicle and driving record must meet insurability requirements.
2. Must maintain and provide documentation of auto insurance at limits set by agency.
3. Must have ability to lift/move individuals or materials weighing up to 75 lbs. periodically.
4. Must have ability to stand, walk, stoop, and bend frequently.
5. Must have manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials (such as medication and first aid supplies).
6. Must maintain CPR and First Aid certification, and must stay current on all other training as defined by state, accreditation body or organization guidelines.
7. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seldom exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic and caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.